View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 08:29 PM   #2031
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Eagles Canyon and Apex Pro!

Had another fun day at Eagles Canyon -- they provide a very fun place to run!

I only had a couple of thing happen -- Muffler dropped in the same place again - new rear diffuser again, a very small oil leak, GoPRO didn't get data for the first session, UGH! -- out side of that, she did GREAT!

Temps were fantastic -- it was 110° track temps, 100° ambient -- so it was H O T...

My MAX temps were as follows:

182° Trans using comp mode, sport, and paddles, Mostly in 3rd (into and out of turns), 4th, some 5th gear on long straights...
273° oil temps
212° coolant
147° IAT2

Pretty damn good for that ambient!

I was lucky on the muffler drop as they have 'on sight' race shop and those guys got me back and racing before my next session -- was very thankful for that.

I L O V E the Apex Pro -- that tool is JUST FANTASTIC! First, I was 3 seconds faster this time around:!

So much info and analysis there -- just amazing. I can run my videos of my session along with my Apex Pro and I can get a complete picture of what I was (and was not) doing -- simply awesome!

Their latest firmware update gave me actual analysis of how I was doing. Here is a short video:

So awesome and really fantastic! Can’t say enough good things about this tool -- like having a coach all the time...

My small oil leak was from the other side inspection cover bolt -- so I did the same thing -- use Teflon paste and tighten it up. I'm going to 'test' these this time by driving around 70 MPH in 3rd gear just to raise up the RPMs and oil pressure - so I can be sure its covered this time.

So, I'm now going to prep for Camaro fest -- going to rebuild the Brembos, get the Ridge Collars installed while I'm at it.

Just as a side note, the Pat_t GoPro visor mount didn’t have what it takes in this Texas Heat -- it just wouldn't hold its position or lock the visor -- going back to factory and my window mount.

-Don

Last edited by hammdo; 05-28-2018 at 08:46 PM.
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote