View Single Post
Old 07-28-2018, 01:45 PM   #3
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
The Z06 caliper upgrade is as they say "the juice is worth the squeeze". I track my once a year an auto X it the same time. They do inspire a little more confidence during spirited street driving or curvy mountain roads. I bought a set and completely rebuilt them using the Vette pistons, probably would have been cheaper to buy them in the long run. There is the added expense of brake lines, caliper bolts, correct pads, and a hardware kit so I'd a say a solid 1k not counting new rotors, I went with CTS-V since they came with my caliper purchase. New ZL1 rotors will cost you close to 600 bucks for a pair. Now if you wanna get really racy find a set of ZL1 hats and get a set of Grand Sport/Z06 rotors and use the brake rings on the ZL1 hats their already slotted by GM. You can easily sink 2k in a factory set up but it will all fit without any modifications an look like it came that way. I'll be looking for another set of rear calipers and then recoating the hole set to match in either Green or IOM.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote