View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 12:08 PM   #8
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Are you in smog territory? it may not ship to you as your altering may not be condoned by Communifornia for 1.....supposedly in your neck of the woods edelbrock at SEMA back supposedly made a CARB friendly cam..... just a couple thoughts along with read a million cam install threads you should replace the stock lifters they are worn, the lifter baskets, switch to a high volume pump if ls3 though not required, switch to a better timing chain C5R, and a ls2 timing chain dampener also known as dogbone type because at your mileage your stock ls3 tensioners most likely shot if not trashed into pieces in the pan, ( not so good IMO), and the trunnions of the rockers should get upgraded and you will need to pull the heads for new lifter baskets so your going to need new head gaskets and TTY torque to yield head bolts...…

Many just on lower mileage engines go with the stock pump and chain, and tensioner and that's OK but not the best piece of mind. And say the lifters are at like 20k or so many use the stock ones if no tracking much has occurred on the cam/roller......but going too much higher in mileage not so good IMO and many others/tuners; Also they would not spend the money for a good balancer for the cams more wilder vibration with a good balancer, they would go with a underdrive that does nothing to help potentionally harmful vibrations but rather chase a hp gain with under driving everything not so good for A/C. SO they buy for 1/2 the price a chunk of metal like the stock pulley instead of a nice Fluidampr or ATI, my Fluidampr does underdrive the electrical but the deal is the idle is 950 with a cam not way low 600 or something so it makes up for the loss of pulley by its higher idle and it does not do that to the A/C ..stock pulley is also available. And know directions for the belts sizes are not always that right with gates numbers etc...its best to go by lengths given for several types....

Anyway just a few thoughts, in your case I would most likely being stuck in CAL go for a edelbrock supercharger which is CARB legal and leave it alone so its resale is good for the area...IMO. And I do a break in of a new cam with Br30 driven racing oil, and drive on ls30 oil and change out springs in increments to avoid valve float or loss of spring pressure in about 25k increments and yes I use a 8620 core. You if not equipped should have long ago gotten a good catch can system to avoid oil ingestion in the intake tract from the PCV. And if you choose different lifters preload required may be different than stock amount area best around /.045 to .060.