Thread: Death wobble
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 06:06 PM   #12
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Coopgt View Post
Do you use the E-brake? I was getting a vibration through the whole car at about ten minutes into high way driving. Turned out one of the levers for the e-brake was hanging up/ dragging the brake and would cause the vibration. Mechanic took it apart and lubed it up and put it back together and it's been fine. Other times I get vibration is from tire cold spots from sitting over night in the colder temps. Once the tires warm up after a couple miles all is good .
I’ve been chasing down a shimmy/wobble in my steering wheel for a few years now. It’s gotten worse with the Nittos on OEM ZL1 wheels. I checked the balance twice and there’s nothing loose. If it were a bad rotor or hub, it wouldn’t go away after a few miles of driving. I don’t run high pressure in the tires either.

I just recently discovered this flat spot phenomenon. I can’t make sense of it but it’s exactly what’s happening. From a slight wobble to a WTF is going on wobble...then after a few miles it’s smooth as glass.

Someone needs to let the world know about this. LOL There’s no telling how much mechanics have made off diagnosing this problem that ain’t no problem.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote