View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 12:21 PM   #36
lawguy85

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector 17 View Post
Just hope it doesn't encourage me to buy a salvage car and start rebuilding it. LOL!
The only downside to Goonzquad blowing up is the copycats have already arrived (not saying you, to be clear, I realize that was a joke) and people really don't grasp the difficulty behind what these guys are doing. They have a simple formula: buy a car with cosmetic damage only, outsource all framework, do the rest. The two huge caveats are the biggest headaches you can have in a build: getting a car running and getting it straight. Not trying to knock what they do whatsoever, they weld, do significant body work and incredible paint jobs themselves, stuff they've clearly trained in/done before.

Average Joe/YouTuber cannot perform this work with any competency. It's amusing to see what they do contrasted with someone like B is for Build, completely different standards. I guess a huge testament to them is they make absolutely hard work look so easy it's tempting to view it and say "hey I can do that". After several project cars in my teens/early 20s I can confidently say "nope, not even gonna give that a try". Copart for a track car would be a wise investment, something with hail damage or flood damage but otherwise running, anything else and you're facing several thousand in parts and another several thousand in labor.
lawguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote