View Single Post
Old 12-21-2018, 02:35 PM   #102
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exgermanowner View Post
I just wanted to say thanks Ted @ Jannettyracing for taking the time and publishing real world data. Also for not going down the “pulley” route and over spinning the blower since that only generates more heat which kills on a road course across 20-30 min sessions.

I would like to hear your thoughts on cooling. Down the road I’m eyeing the weapon x heat exchanger kit(that has the primary and two aux coolers) along with the intercooler bricks, bypass kit to allow the bricks to flow independently, etc... Anything and everything to improve IAT temps and loss of power due to heat soak across long track sessions.
I’m with you in that one, but I’d still like to see how much more power is produced after adding the 9% and 15% pulley and how much the boost changes after it dropped a half lbs with the addition of the headers especially considering it’s already gained about 60whp (not counting E fuel) without a pulley.

My tracking conditions will be in the mid to high 70 degree temps so I’m hoping to get away with a 9% pulley seeing as how it’s so much more cost effective.

Last edited by GunMetalGrey; 12-21-2018 at 05:07 PM.
GunMetalGrey is offline   Reply With Quote