View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 01:28 PM   #11
ILBMF

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS '06 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by trophy hunter View Post
Well, the way I see it is all three manufacturers went in somewhat different directions.....and if you are just STRICKTLY just look at overall sales - Camaro failed - but I don't look at it that way

Here's the thing, in my humble opinion:
Dodge was looking for comfort and straight line speed - as they feel that is what customer's are looking for
Chevrolet was looking to make a fast, "corner carver" with not as much emphasis on comfort.
Ford was looking to blend all three (comfort, speed, cornering) the best they could to interest any driver.

I feel all made what they set out to do but the general public apparently isn't looking for something that was created a little more specific like the Camaro. Now, don't get me wrong, I have an SS and while I can acknowledge some of the "gripes" people have with the Camaro, personally, I would choose it again over the other two - but I wanted a car that is at the top of the handling food chain (as I autocross) - most people, however, I feel would rather sacrifice a little handling to get something a little more "tour-isk" for daily driving and commuting......and thus here we sit.

It will truly be interesting to see what happens next to the Camaro - if they stick to their guns and keep making the best handling one of the bunch, concede and make a change to a more commuter friendly vehicle or simply shut the line/brand down.....only time will tell
I couldn't agree more
ILBMF is offline   Reply With Quote