View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 08:42 AM   #11
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by b20 View Post
I have a btr stage 3 in the motor now.
o am trying to get more power in the middle and up top without spinning it over like 6800-7000
also would like to max out compression I will be running e85 so ill have enough octane
have not put much thought into intakes
the btr stage 3 is a good cam.

if you're at stock cubic inch and are not going to spin it over 6800, the stock LS3 intake will be fine. Its almost unbeatable under 6800 rpms BUT, its gonna restrict the crap out of your heads. You will have spent the money just for the valve angles.

to max out compression and power you will have to go with 11/12/13 degree valve heads in order to have the additional PTV clearance after milling them in order to run the btr stage 3 or "bigger" cam. As zz430 and a couple others have mentioned, there are many aftermarket head choices for LS3s.

If you want to keep the power down low, go with the smaller runners like a TFS255

The bigger volume of the runners will make more power at higher rpms. Texas Speed PRC260, Mamo, GPI, AFR, MAST, Brodix, etc. etc.

And yes, you will benefit from E85 once you get past 11:1 SCR

My 2 cents, if you're gonna spend the money on some nice heads, spin that bitch. I've spun mine to 7200 and can testify that the motor wants to go more but the stock LS3 intake manifold is restricting the crap out of my of heads past 67ish and i know the motor can spin to 7500 easily

Bone Stock
sixty9fordkiller is offline   Reply With Quote