View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 07:25 AM   #15
J Rod

Drives: '14 BRM 1LE 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
There were 3rd and 4th gen 1LEs that were automatic. 1LE being manual only was new to the 5th gen.

So you should take that argument and bury it away because it just makes you look stupid when you use it.

Also, if it weren't for those 4 and cylinder Camaros, you wouldn't have your V8 because the car relies on those to stay alive. Thankfully GM offers all of us a plethora of choices with this car and we can buy whatever the hell we want right now.
Well apparently I am stupid, every 3rd/4th gen 1LE I've ever seen was a manual so I guess I just assumed that was the case especially since that was all you could get on the 5th gen. Not sure how I went this long without knowing that but I guess that pretty much kills that argument. I still don't like them offering the 1LE package on the non-V8s though. I don't have a problem with 4/6 cylinder Camaros in general, but they shouldn't be offered with the same "racing package" as the V8. If you want to race a 4 cylinder, get a Miata. When I see a Camaro with a matte black hood coming up behind me, I shouldn't have to question what's under the hood. What's next, a ZL1/1LE appearance package?
J Rod is offline   Reply With Quote