Thread: This F-Type
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 10:45 AM   #1
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
This F-Type

Had business in Gilbert AZ this week, so I decided to drive this time instead of fly. Typically, if I have to be somewhere within 6hrs, I prefer driving.

Now, normally I take the Camaro everywhere I go... but at 155.5k, I'm starting to be a bit more cautious in bringing it along on these long trips for work. Thusly, I rented a vehicle from Avis out of Ontario Int'l Airport and the only car available in my class was a Jaguar F-Type V6 Supercharged. I was like, wtf? Ok... typically, I get Mustangs or Chargers... never something like a Jag.

This Car felt very much like a 6th Gen SS, as in how light it feels, the suspension, the power. The 6th gen did have a firmer suspension. I believe this Jag was the V6 Supercharged version. The car effortlessly got up to 80+ and beyond, and cruising down I10 fro and back across the AZ/CA deserts it got lots of looks. Its one of those rides you don't see every day for sure and people were respecting it, moving over as I approached... very much like in my Camaro.

In comparison with my Camaro, I did notice that the Suspension needs to be tightened up. The car did feel 'front heavy', and was sort of all over the lane - with me micro-correcting to keep it straight. My heavier Camaro, with its upgraded suspension, feels like its on rails. This car not so much.

I spent 10+ intimate hours with it and liked it for the most part. But I STILL like the Camaro more believe it or not lol. Three Things in my eyes makes my car better - even with the amount of mileage I have.

1. More Solid Suspension, as mentioned - mine's on Rails... I swear. Mine's heavier, but I feel it works for my benefit...

2. Exhaust note - weak sounding exhaust system on the F-Type.

3. Power... although very quick, after I dropped it off and got back in my Camaro (parked at the Airport), my car still felt more nimble and quicker.

Looks? Well, as you can see for yourself, its a looker... very pretty ride. Prettier than my ride? Hard to say... just a different kind of pretty, per say lol.

Not sure I would ever buy one if I could afford one. I'd probably go Vette rather than this if I had the choice. But overall, not a bad cruiser and it was definitely a fun ride.

Here's the eye candy.
Attached Images

Spec is offline   Reply With Quote