View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 12:13 PM   #1
White_1LE

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Question Let's play "What's wrong with my brand new car!?"

I'll try to keep this concise, but it is a head scratcher for me.

I have a 19 SS 1LE I bought new in April. I entered a competition at a car show and part of it was a dyno. It made 342 RWHP on a DynoJet. They did not have a WBO2 on it. It was a fast paced event so the dyno operator didn't have time to mess with it or talk to me, but said he was surprised how low it was.

I was expecting at least 380, maybe more. I chalked it up to them not knowing what they were doing or maybe their mobile dyno was F'd. But still, a glimmer of doubt was there.

So I took it to another local shop (TPIS) and had it run again and it still made ~340, but this time we had AFR, and it is pig rich at ~10.5:1 throughout the pull. It is choking itself out and making peak power at around 5k RPM.

No MIL/CEL, poked around looking at MAF readings and temp sensors and all seems correct. But LT Fuel Trim is -17 to -20 on both banks.

The car has the dealer installed GMPP CAI, so I swapped that out to the stock setup when I got home to see if the LT FTs would be better, but no dice, still in the negative upper teens driving around and holding at 2k RPM sitting in the driveway (no load). Double checked all connections, cleaned MAF, no change.

I really don't want to take it to a dealer. I know what kind of gamble that is to find a competent tech and advisor (I was a tech many moons ago). But I feel like maybe the calibration is bad in this car? It is acting like the MAF scaler tables are off, but come on... it literally has 3k miles. How? Does the GMPP dealer installed CAI come with a calibration flash?

Appreciate any ideas.
White_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote