View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 02:54 PM   #11
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
How did this thread get this far and nobody asked about the setup on the car? Most importantly the transmission, converter if auto, tires (make, compound, size, wheel), and intake/camshaft. I saw this has a 150 shot - is that all in on a TPS switch on the hit, or is there a controller and ramp? All of those have tremendous influence on what the right gear for the car would be.

In general terms, a bolt on car with a cam will like 4.10s if it's stick, or 3.91s if it's automatic. I think even with a 150 shot, those are probably still the right gears, as long as it's on a progressive controller to keep the car hooked up off the line and through first gear.

As far as going to an expensive rear end like a strange - in hindsight, I wish I would have. I have had the rear rebuilt 3x due to various problems. I wish, at a minimum, I had take steps to strengthen all components the first time. I now have an LPW cover, which I think is a very important piece to reduce flex in the soft aluminum case, and it helps hold the ring gear caps down. Also, don't overlook the stock LSD - they all get soft, and you're better off just to buy a trutrac up front. At the end of the day, I have a noisy diff that I still don't fully trust, and I've nearly spent what it would have cost to replace the whole thing with an S60, including driveshaft and axles! Auto cars don't beat on the rear end nearly as hard, and they hold up a lot better at similar power levels to their stick-shift brethren.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote