View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 10:42 AM   #6
SYNGSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS 6 Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris49066SS View Post
I didn't need to do anything with the motor mounts or raise the engine when I took mine out. Not necessary, you just hafta play with it and fanagle it for a few minutes, its no big deal, just sort of annoying. Had it out in about 10 minutes just jacking the car up.

I have driven it and made sudden jerks to the wheel left and right, and it just doesn't have that much of an effect, its not like your car is gonna tip over or something. The front end does feel like it raises a bit more on the launch, which hints at more weight transfer to the rear. I feel that the effect would be better maximized with a good shock and strut combo set up for drag racing though to take better advantage of this. Just my thoughts
Thanks Chris

Not worried about normal street driving it's how it handles at the top end of the track at 125+mph. Our local dragstrip has some minor bumps at the top end and somewhat of a short shutdown, so we have to get on the binders quick enough but yet not too hard on the brake pedal to the point of unloading the rear suspension.