View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 01:23 PM   #9
NJScorpio

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LT Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post
No place and no tools is a tough situation to be in. I'd tell you to go to a large vacant parking lot or even the local "pick a part" junkyard to work on it (people do that around here), but the weather in Jersey is probably not too good right now.

Taking it in to the dealer may be a bad choice. You may need to take it to an independent shop like "Spec" did. The dealer is obviously not willing nor able to fix the problem. So, I'd try looking for a good independent shop in your area.
The mechanic I trusted is a few hours away, and I think he is in his 80's by now! If anyone reading this has suggestions for central jersey mechanics, I would appreciate it.

Since it's been a few years since I've dealt with CEL/Stabilitrak, and this dealership, it's more of an expectation that I'll be running into issues. For all I know, things may go smooth this time. As I said, I feel like I could/should give them one shot to resolve this, this time.

But I am going to try and remove that throttle controller....I have it set to zero anyway.