View Single Post
Old 06-23-2020, 10:09 AM   #3
Pearlj10

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT
I’ll second Killboy’s recommendation on 3.91 1LE gears (and their stronger axles). Definitely helps make up for the relatively low low-end torque on the V6 cars. I did everything you have listed in stage 1 and, if I had a chance to do it again, I’d skip almost all of it (except exhaust, factory is too quiet!) and invest the money in a turbo or supercharger and corresponding tune. That, to me, is the best power return vs. money spent. I couldn’t feel a Much of a difference with the basic bolt on mods like intake, ice-olator, CAI, etc., which makes sense given their reported power gains on a car so heavy.

There’s a lot to be gained with relatively inexpensive suspension Upgrades, too, as KP mentioned. FE4 take-offs (struts, sways, LCAs) can be had for cheap and help tons. You can go poly subframe bushing inserts to help the cradle stay put if you don’t want to remove the factory bushing. I just did those, z28 rear UCA bushings, a bunch of 1LE parts, and Hotchkis 1” drop springs and its a-maze-ing. Don’t forget front radius rod bushings or bushing inserts. I also like the poly steering rack bushings.

Good luck with the build!
Pearlj10 is offline   Reply With Quote