View Single Post
Old 10-30-2020, 03:43 PM   #3
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams76 View Post
Like you never tracked your car I've never ran 305s in the rear..... having done a few autocross outings i must say I dont see why anyone that cares about the handling of this car would purposely induce more understeer. If you are strictly a drag racer then year go for it. If you like pushing the car and like the way it handles then don't.

At the limit this car turns into a snowplow. I was one of those "purists" where I would never touch the balance of the car..... after doing the autocross I upgraded to a 32mm rear sway bar to dial out some understeer.

I did go with MPSS after the goodyears were shot and now have the MP4S on. I couldn't do another set of G2s for daily driving. I do want to try the G3s now they come in our sizes.
I know this subject has been beat to death , but im looking for some First hand info from people who have done this . No drag racing, no track days ,just running hard on the street . Planning trips to Colorado in the summer and
need a tire that's not terrible if it rains. The Firestones get a better overall rating than the stock goodyears and cost a good bit less . Im thinking the firestones are going to be a better tire on the street over all for me .