Thread: Tilton clutch
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 09:41 PM   #16
cdb95z28

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE A10 BCD WCT+PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottletalk View Post
what route of engagement are you guys going? sticking with the traditional slave cylinder or hydraulic throw out bearing?
This winter I’m doing as much as I can on underneath upgrades. So far I’m holding a monster lt1-sc clutch, full bmr pro street bushings with trailing arms, lower control and toes. Waiting for a bmr sway bar set that I ordered 3/4 months ago....called them the other day...umm, no comment. Also picked up a stainless works 3” retro cat back with dual tips and performance connections.
Trying to either pick up a zl1 diff(373) with axles or beefing up my stock diff with a 3.73 truetrac and an undecided cover.
Also going with some cheap coil overs, BC racing or pedders..

Anybody using a tilton hyd throw out bearing or any other hyd throw out?
I’d love to get this figured out before Boxing Day
The kit comes with a Tilton throw out bearing. I bought a new GM OE clutch master for a all new setup. I think I'll be able to add my Tick remote bleeder line to this Tilton setup.

BTW, cheap coilovers will give you cheap results. And it will handle like crap. The magic is in the dampening. Spend a little more and get RideTechs, they are excellent quality, and a lifetime warranty. Pedders ort BC can't match all that and IIRC, they are way oversprung.