View Single Post
Old 02-08-2021, 01:16 PM   #1
goproz

Drives: n
Repair or take insurance money?

My 2018 2SS hot wheels edition camaro was hit while I was backed in to a curbside pickup spot at bestbuy. Originally the person who hit me thought it would be under $500, so we didn't immediately deicide to go through insurance.

It seems I will need a new front lip, repainted bumper, new clearcoat, new side marker lamp, new stripes on the front bumper, and possibly new stripes on the hood because after fading from the sun they may not match the new bumper stripes. As you can all see, the damage is really not that bad... I have not fully paid the car off so the insurance money could help me pay some of it. Do you all think the insurance money is worth the price hit I will take due to the damage when selling?

If I get the car fixed now, they will continue to repair it until its perfect even if it exceeds their quoted $1571.90. If I take the money and get it repaired later and its over that price I would have to pay the difference.

The first estimate I got was from a local repair shop and they quoted about $2400. I then went to a chevy dealership and they quoted $3200. Finally when going through insurance they quoted me $1571.90. I could take the $1571.90 or get it repaired.

Name:  hotwheels.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  209.0 KB
goproz is offline   Reply With Quote