Thread: Spun bearing
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2021, 11:09 PM   #6
Astatenate

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple5even813 View Post
Dang, that sucks! You'll be back stronger than ever though! Mine is making quite a bit more power than that on the stock oil pump and stock bottom end, and the oil pressure is holding steady at 30psi hot with Mobil 1 5w30... But who knows for how long?
Yeah I was debating upgrading. I figured for $200 why not get a Melling 10355 HV that supposedly put around 10-20psi more oil pressure out. I think it will help with the thicker oil 20w50 VR1 everyone has been telling me to run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Ughhh... hate to see this but hopefully you caught it quick.
Fingers crossed. Part of the game tho. Luckily I got a daily to drive. And it’s winter when it broke. Not mid summer. Looking for the bright side lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednecks70 View Post
How did you catch it? Low oil pressure? Just want to know what to look for.
Did a very small pull to pass someone. And just happened to look at my oil temp gauge and it was at like 240° on a cold night. Then looked at oil press and it was sitting at like 10-15 psi cruising. And only like 6-8 psi at idle and heard it lightly knocking. Luckily I was 1/4 mile from my house. Got it on my street and shut it off. Coasted into my garage. Where it’s been the last couple weeks. Til I can pull motor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
My LSA build worked out great! GPI and I discussed it and I’m beyond pleased. Talk to Aaron — he’ll help you spec a good one...

-Don
Yeah GPI is literally 2 miles from my house. I been in touch with Ryan & Ben. I’ve had people tell me it could be a number of things (in the tune, too much dome pressure, or failing oil pump, the fact I was using 5w30 M1 with my power level, just normal LSA issues, and blocked pickup tube) guess we will find out.
787WHP/ 719TQ | Fully Forged Short Block | Custom Spec GPI Cam | DSX aux pump & FF sensor| 1200cc FIC Injectors | Lingfelter 10.0” pulley & ATI damper | RotoFab Intake | ZZ Performance solid isolator | Kooks Headers | Corsa Catback | AFCO dual fan HX | Reinforced IC brick | AEM 3-in-1 Gauge | GPI Tuned | Carbon Fiber WickerBill | Morimoto Tail-lights | WELD S71 + ET STREET R’s
Astatenate is offline   Reply With Quote