View Single Post
Old 03-12-2021, 07:26 AM   #26
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minerbros66 View Post
Is this a common problem/ has this happened to any of you? I went to get my oil changed after pulling my car from winter storage and the lube tech mentioned one of my strut bolts was gone. I got out and looked and sure enough the front most bolt on the passenger side was missing. The even crazier thing is I just added a throttle body about an month ago while it was in storage and the after picture I took has the bolt in place. This means that the bolt somehow worked its way free in under 100 miles of driving that I did yesterday. I should mention I'm the only one with access to the car so no one e else could've taken it off...
As mentioned by Number3, you can clearly see the bolt had been torqued down at some point due to the witness mark of the retention feature. If it's tightened to the proper torque spec initially, there should be no need to continuously recheck it at every oil change interval.

Is it possible whoever installed the strut tower brace, loosened that strut bolt and forgot to retighten it? I've never heard of this issue before.

I suspect if 100 people respond with what theirs is tightened to, we'll get 100 different answers due to the method folks are using to check torque, wrench being used, etc.

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote