View Single Post
Old 03-12-2021, 06:03 PM   #1
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
LT2 Intake Manifold on Today

As the title says, I installed my LT2 intake manifold today. It really is a PITA to install initially, Should be a lot easier if I need to do it again though. 1st start up was good, a 7 mile aggressive drive was good also. Restart at home after checking stuff and tweaking harness connections , I got a cel. Drove it two separate times for a total of 25miles and still the cel is there. I need to borrow a scanner to see what code I have to determine problem. I also rechecked torque on all 10 intake bolts and it took quite a few turns to get them back to 75 in lbs, that bothers me. The car runs fine, but I do notice a slight loss in Idle RPM, may 50rpm, not even 100 rpm. Am using my stock air intake , that requires a little muscle to twist and stretch both ends and tightening the clamp to keep it where you want it. Various plastic vacuum lines need to be tweaked in different angles and positions and unclipping the pass side fat harness so it can be pulled foward a little to take pull off one of the clipped on wire harness connections. Positively cannot use the insulation piece that sits on top of the valley under the OE intake . Will be happy to answer anyone questions.
Attached Images

lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote