Thread: Vs the clock
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2021, 08:10 PM   #11
ss camaro-monte

Drives: 2015 camaro 2ss, 87 monte ss
480rwhp in an auto car is a lot of power and is getting into the low 11s very high 10s at HRP with a properly set up 5th gen but we are at like 60ft above sea level here. I went the route of getting the car set up first. All I have is rear suspension with bushings, 3200 stall, bolt ons and drag radials and I pulled a 12.2 @113 and I am at 380rwhp. When going to the strip it isn't roll racing so getting out of the hole and traction is the first thing to focus on. Invest in suspension, stall and tires and your car is easily deep in the 11s where I am at. I went from 12.7 to 12.2 with suspension, nittos and mild stall. I think it is possible to get a L99 to tick off a 11.9-11.8 range with perfect air and full boltons, stall, gears and ported intake skinnies. Basically everything except cracking the motor open. Raced plenty of guys on the track with way more power than me and I just can't believe how much money people put in motors and don't put in a couple of grand to put it all down to the pavement.
ss camaro-monte is offline   Reply With Quote