View Single Post
Old 07-09-2021, 06:32 PM   #19
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by djcwardog View Post
…One of my other vain attempts to enjoy the hobby - my 2021 Ram 2500 Tradesman “Farm Truck.” Strange but the only claim I can find that I made on the deletes was that my ears detected an increase and change in the sound made when I floor it. My ears, my opinion - qualified as such - and in this land of the free, I stand by it. Everything else seems to be others projecting their opinions onto me. I guess they might think that I blew it by following the early lead of another forum member who inspired me to source the parts and retrofit the HUD into my 2021 LT1 car - then post up a DIY for the process building on that OP’s great work on his 2017.

Anyway, back to the best nature of our hobby - sharing ideas and encouraging one another as we enjoy what is almost by definition an expression of vanity - driving and modifying niche-market cars that more than fill a need to get from one place to another. Thinking of your custom parts here, I put a Flowmaster American Thunder 1-2 series 40 kit on the truck after finding some take-off 20” wheels/tires from an uplevel 4-door model. I also retrofitted factory fog lights and used AlphaOBD to code the BCM to turn them off/on - as from the factory. This exhaust system is loud! My wife needed the truck and told me that I “really need to fix that broken exhaust.” Amazingly, there’s just a little drone in the (regular) cab at highway speeds but maybe the 8’ bed helps keep the noise away! I was thinking of finding a second factory resonator from a take-off and having my shop weld the pair in much like like the OEM single. Then I saw your post.

I’d normally PM you to ask but I thought I’d post the idea here. With a few key measurements from you I could check fit and have my shop weld yours in at the final bend - or use the straight rear-exit section they provided in the kit - to get a custom look at the exits. The work on yours looks first-rate. Now to find a 10” tall three section rear spoiler, fender flares, and a lift kit! (Joking on all of those)! I will PM you about the possible purchase though.
Dam Dog- here I was thinking you needed a little defense after you got the usual "wasted your money" on the crush delete option and then you go and do a better job of it than I could hope to! Enjoy the ride and if you really wanna get some heat, throw a Velossa intake on her. That's the dumbest thing to waste your money on...!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote