View Single Post
Old 08-25-2021, 11:14 AM   #12
cheez7

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Vert
Center Stripe Change

Just a heads up for anyone who ordered one of the "center stripe" options... they changed the length of them.

I picked the black metallic center stripe for my 2021 build which I placed in February but it never got picked up. In June, I changed to a 2022 build and picked the same options.

Noticed the 2022 configurator had the stripe looking different; it now extends past the hood opening, or "decklid" as it's described in the configurator. This isn't good for me since I added spider stripes and now they would be different lengths.

Thankfully there's now center stripe "stinger" options that match the length of the spider stripes... for black, it's a satin option as opposed to metallic but that's fine with me since I was already doing black satin mirrors/spoiler.

Of course my order was JUST picked up before the configurator went online and dealer doesn't seem confident stripe can be changed so may be stuck fixing them afterwards.

So wanted to pass along just in case another else was using center stripes so they're not surprised by the change... or maybe the stripe always extended to the "decklid" before but it wasn't represented that way in the 2021 configurator.
cheez7 is offline   Reply With Quote