View Single Post
Old 10-13-2021, 01:32 AM   #127
rocknroll_jeph

Drives: 11 Camaro V6 RS, 03 BMW Z4
Lat week I went in for the yearly examination of my car. One day of taking parts off, one morning to get it inspected and then another day to put it back together. While putting it back together I checked all the connections and tightened up and fixed a few small things.

I've been getting more brave every time and this year I left on the strut bar, wheel spacers, ported throttle body and it still passed. Last year I had the blacked out taillight bezels and they were not too happy, and starting asking questions, but fortunately they got distracted and I continued on the inspection. I have two sets of bezels and the chrome set only goes on for inspection. This year there was an issue with the hand brake not holding strong enough but they passed me in the end after checking it again. The guy doing the test said that it was fine after all and I didn't need to adjust it.

With all the taking off and putting on parts the only time I hurt myself was while putting something in the trunk and I scratched some skin off my finger from a hidden edge inside the trunk. The other mistake I made was draining my battery from listening to music all day. After leaving it off for a while and using my wife's car to jump start its been fine after that. I'm pretty happy with the original battery still in the car. I wish my BMW's battery would last longer than a few years, and that car gets driven less as well.

This weekend there is a cars and coffee and a track day event, but also a music festival where I'm playing in three bands, so it looks like I'll have to wait for next year to get on the track as its already getting cold here. Its going to get below freezing this weekend. Beijing autumn is beautiful but far to short.
Attached Images

rocknroll_jeph is offline   Reply With Quote