View Single Post
Old 10-20-2021, 03:31 AM   #12
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
I stopped by my local chevy dealer where I've had my other cars worked on. The service manager knows who I am. I showed him the service bulletin and he confirm my car is still under warrenty. The issue is for me there is no way to fully know if the new SC will have the updated coupler. I imagine the new SC will come fully assembled with the front snout. Which means there is no way to know what "updated" coupler is in there. I highly doubt the GM tech at the dealer will break the RTV seal just to see which couple is in there.

I also spoke to him about the joy ride scenario with these ZL1's parked at dealers waiting for service.

It's up to me which direction I go but I'd had to remove the 18% OD pulley and a few other parts to make the car fully OE stock.... not sure I want to mess with it.

I'm leaning towards just doing this myself and calling it a day. Guess I run the risk of the SC grenading itself in the future if I just replace the isolator coupler...

FYI, The original TSB for the supercharger rattle gave the owner two options.
Let the dealer replace th entire SC as a unit, ot reimburse the owner if he replace the coupler himself.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote