Thread: Fuse Pull?
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2021, 07:45 PM   #10
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by serper3 View Post
If you have the settings set to the loudest mode with NPP, how much of a difference is it with the fuse pulled?

Looking for more sound before I get an exhaust but also need the NPP for when i take the car out early in the mornings and the family is still asleep.

I know in my c6, the fuse pull was a big difference because the valves would not open unless you were on the throttle pretty good. The zl1 seems to stay open more often, but maybe not above a certain speed?
The fuse pull will not make it any louder it just prevents the valves from ever closing. As mentioned, depending on the drive mode you are the valves close at different RPM. I think Chevy wanted to eliminate any drone at those lower rpms during cruising.

The problem is even in Track Mode the valves still close and some folks don't like the muted sound you get when you get on the throttle from cruising at 1700 rpm when the valves are close. You get this "hitch" where the exhaust mutes and unmutes so to speak at lower RPMs. When you pull the fuse you will get a more consistent exhaust note and volume/growl at lower RPM. In addition, since the exhaust is not that loud to begin with you really don't get any drone either. You will not get a CEL when you pull the NPP fuse. For cars with AFM, there is also a set of AFM valves that open and close based on whether you are in V4 or V8 mode. Not a fan, anyway, you will get a CEL if you pull the AFM valve fuse. It doesn't help anyway since the exhaust will sound like crap when in V4 mode without the AFM valves doing their thing. This is one of the benefits of the ZL1s and M6 SS Camaros, AFM is not enabled.

By the way, I read that you can't even pull the NPP fuse on the new C8s without a CEL. Annoying...
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote