View Single Post
Old 12-13-2021, 12:34 AM   #130
rocknroll_jeph

Drives: 11 Camaro V6 RS, 03 BMW Z4
I thought that I wasn't going to do any more activities this year, but there was a free track day so I couldn't pass that up. The temps were just around freezing but there were still quite a few people there and it was pretty fun.

My friend in a highly modified 6th gen and I raced quite a bit down the drag strip and I was pretty happy that my 5th gen was still quicker in the 8th mile. Here are our times, you can practice your Chinese. My car is the top row, he had a better reaction time, but my reaction time was much improved from my first time as I am learning to anticipate the light.

My speed was higher than last time but my ET was down. Still, overall I was very consistent.

车型 RT ET RT+ET 尾速
银科迈罗 0.689 10.064 10.753 125.78
黄科迈罗 0.622 10.146 10.768 124.05

We also switched cars for the open track time and it was my first time to drive the 6th gen. I was pretty impressed, it immediately felt lighter, had better vision and the grip was pretty good too, but I still prefer my car overall. The newer car is just so busy looking and I like the more simple but brutalist design of my car.

As happy as I was to participate in a free track day (and do better than my friend in the yellow 6th gen) last week wasn't all that good. My wife tried to park by feel and took a chunk out of my splitter. I covered it in black tape to hide the shame, but a new splitter is on my Christmas wish list.
Attached Images

rocknroll_jeph is offline   Reply With Quote