View Single Post
Old 01-26-2022, 11:36 AM   #207
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Have to remind everyone that thinks Dodge is such a marketing juggernaut, Dodge sold 215,000 cars, SUVs and Minivans last year, down significantly from the year before.

Just because you like the "American Muscle" commercials from a foreign company for cars made in Canada, it isn't resulting in strong brand sales. (The same foreign company that slaps an American flag on the door of their new SUV and uses a commercial to tell us why. Maybe no one else cares) The only thing Dodge has is a short team sales leadership position in a dying segment of coupes/performance coupes.

Without a strong transition to EVs, Dodge (and Chrysler that sold 1/2 of Dodge last year with 2 products) as a brand is pretty much dead regardless of all that awesome advertising (which is only a portion of marketing) they do.

And to be clear, I like their commercials. I'm just not able to get past the fact that it's not an American company and the car isn't made in America. But I get that I'm also int the minority in this opinion.
Pretty much the same thing with the 4th gen Fbodys. Most of us had one, and that was a real Canadian car sporting French shocks from the factory and all.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote