View Single Post
Old 06-12-2022, 12:43 PM   #1
StreetPerformers805

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Moving to NC what do I need to pass emissions test?

I’m making the move from coast to coast. SoCal to NC, and I’m wondering what my cars gonna need when it’s time to get it registered there. I’m trying to move to a county that doesn’t require emissions testing but rent in most of those counties is either non existent or too expensive or too far from Wilmington where I’ll be working. so I might have to live in Wilmington/new Hanover county which does require emissions testing and I’m having a hard time figuring out what it takes to pass the inspection. I’ve lived in so cal my entire life so I know people I can pay off to get a dirty smog inspection but I literally don’t know anyone in NC so that’s not an option. My car has full bolt ons with an ss4 cam. No cats. Will I just need to put some high flow cats on it or is there more to it than that? In Cali they’re reading our tunes now days and the car has to be practically bone stock or have CARB approved modifications to pass but I have a feeling NC is a little more lenient. Any help is much appreciated.
StreetPerformers805 is offline   Reply With Quote