View Single Post
Old 07-03-2022, 04:23 AM   #4
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
I would definitely recommend someone like dynosteve to get you dialed in. As far as tuning on your own I'm not saying that it can't be done but if you get it wrong then you can definitely hurt your engine. If your serious about tuning then I would recommend taking a tuning class. The guys over on the hp tuners forum are a bunch of asses to say the least so I would stay away from there if it was me. I went on there asking some questions and no one on there wanted to really help me. As far as the difficulty of hp tuners it's not really that hard but the air fuel deal is kinda complicated. But I have dabbled in there quite a bit on things like transmission, traction control, fan settings, and idle so far. You will need a A/F ratio gauge to do anything related to air/fuel.
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote