View Single Post
Old 07-03-2022, 05:49 PM   #5
Nate2SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by morepowerjoe View Post
I would definitely recommend someone like dynosteve to get you dialed in. As far as tuning on your own I'm not saying that it can't be done but if you get it wrong then you can definitely hurt your engine. If your serious about tuning then I would recommend taking a tuning class. The guys over on the hp tuners forum are a bunch of asses to say the least so I would stay away from there if it was me. I went on there asking some questions and no one on there wanted to really help me. As far as the difficulty of hp tuners it's not really that hard but the air fuel deal is kinda complicated. But I have dabbled in there quite a bit on things like transmission, traction control, fan settings, and idle so far. You will need a A/F ratio gauge to do anything related to air/fuel.

I have the AFR gauge and someone willing to send me a mpvi 2. The problem is trying to get dyno Steve to do it I need a tuner already and at that point I’m paying each time I want something changed as opposed to just taking a lot of time to learn it in the beginning and I can just change what I need when I need them.

How easy can it be to really damage an engine? I’m not trying to break any records here. The car just runs like crap compared to how I imagined all this to go