View Single Post
Old 07-05-2022, 11:03 AM   #7
Nate2SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by morepowerjoe View Post
As far as the fueling or timing goes, if you get that wrong you can cause detonation which will ruin your engine and the problem with someone sending you their tuner hardware is that it's linked to their account with their cars on there and I'm sure you would want to create your own account to purchase the credits needed to do your own tuning. What I'm getting at is I'm not sure if you can use someone else's mpvi 2 or not that's another question. Then there's the airflow which can give you trouble too if you don't know what you're doing. BUT if the car is running fine right now then you can pull the current tune from the ecu and work from there but you said it runs like crap so that's probably not a good place to start that's why I think it would be beneficial for you to start out with a good tune first and maybe compare it to your current tune and see what changes were made to get a good idea on what it takes to make it run better. So, if I was you, I would buy a new mpvi 2, and get the vcm editor, pull your current tune, and then pay someone to get you like I said dialed in. Anyways that's just what I did. But I first got a email tune didn't like it and then got a dyno tune which was like night and day and picked up almost 30 hp. Then I worked from that tune where now I've got my car running exactly the way I want it. I paid $500 for the dyno tune and another $500 on the mpvi 2 and two credits from hp tuners. So my point is you can get a dyno tune for the same price as the hp tuners stuff or do both like I did. Sorry for the long post just trying to help you out.
The car has been tuned twice, once on the street by LT/STFT. The other by a exhaust sniffer wideband on the dyno. Under light load/crusing I can feel the car buck until the RPMs are well above 2k. The AFRs sweep significantly at WOT as well as seem to be a little rich compared to what I believe it would be. I've been daily driving on the tune for the last month or two and just now got time to work on this.

You mention you dialed in your tune after having an adequate dyno tune. Where/how long did you work towards learning the program? The guy I am getting the tuner from mentions that the tuner should work I just need the credits I believe.