View Single Post
Old 03-16-2023, 10:47 PM   #32
RupertPupkin

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by eLeSthree View Post
I will assume you are running e85. I would ask the tuner at Koza if they licensed and tuned the FSCM to work well with the DSX Aux pump. With FIC1200cc injectors/zl1pump/aux you should have enough fuel system for 800whp on E75.

If the FSCM isnt expecting, say 72psi, then it will try to slow down the ZL1 pump when the aux kicks in.

Once your fuel system is working, I would check the pulley setup to make sure you are spinning that blower right at or just above its max recommended impeller speed by 7000rpm. It's too small for a 408, so its gonna have a hard time feeding 15psi into that new motor.

Which cam is in it?
Yes e85. I run straight E85 99% of the time, and the car went in with 1/2 a tank of e85. Should be a centri style cam, but not sure on specs. Engines a 402 with 7.25 lower and 3.47 upper, that's what the timer kit came with when I bought it. Based on vortex's blower calculator with the specs, the blower was spinning at 50,500rpm (52,000 max speed).

This is what was sent to me.

Hey, its John this time as Jake went home for the day. We just Finished up on the dyno, earlier we were only seeing 8-9 lbs of boost but the brand new belt just needed a bit of an adjustment, and that netted us another 1-1/2 lbs of boost. Its not common to lose some boost going to the little bigger motor and a more efficient Camshaft, When jake first reached out to you it was only making 630-640 but ended up right at 700 on our dyno. (which yes it a bit of heartbreaker dyno) but as we tell every customer a dyno is just a tuning tool and to not be hung on numbers, especially with some of the astronomical numbers we have seen and been told by other shops in the area..

Regardless, were 700hp and 96% Duty Cycle (which is not the injectors now obviously but is the actual pump/supply of the system thats at its limits). Pressure drops/fluctuatues a bit after peak tq once it gets into some rpm/boost we i kept it on the safer side of timing as well.

Last but not least, your IAT's are climbing tremendously.. Ambient air being 68 Degrees in our shop (Car is reading 70-72 before the pull, and ending 119 Degrees by 7kRpm). So its also a large suggestion to get a better intercooler on this thing as HIGh IAT's and Timing (plus Running high duty cycle) is just asking for problems.

Therefore i would look into doing the Fuel Pump assembly, intercooler and then pulley down to get some more boost out of it for Future Mods. I cant remember but i believe when you and i spoke a while ago you had or were getting another blower for it (unless that was someone else at the time) but bumping up the Blower would just make everything overall more efficient.
730whp: 630Trq
RupertPupkin is offline   Reply With Quote