View Single Post
Old 07-10-2023, 08:52 AM   #7
hesster

Drives: '10 C5 SS, '77 Bandit T/A
Resurrecting this thread in hopes of resolving my recent issue of the car firing but dying immediately. Then threw a P2135 Limp mode and managed to get the car home 10mi away, then it would not start.
I have check all of the obvious - Battery, clearing the code, throttle body cleaning, connections, etc.
I suspect based on various threads in the forum is that I have crappy old gas that has been sitting in the tank, and mixed each spring with some new. The car is seldom driven and I just add enough gas to the old gas each year to get me to car shows. I now have a half tank of who knows what quality premium gas in the car, and believe it has caught up to me, even though the car is in a heated/cooled garage and on a tender all the time.
So referencing this thread and every gas thread I could find, I am looking for recommendations.
1. Dump a can of ISOHEAT into a small amount of gas to add?
2. Fuel injection cleaner along with the above?
3. I REALLY would like to start new and drain the crap gas out of the car, as driving it is a issue with the no start and throwing a code condition. The procedure by TLSTWIN sounds like a good one, but want more detail before I attempt it. Once you get the rubber hose off the tank, can you just put the siphon hose into the tank and the check ball is not an issue?

Appreciate any input as I have a expensive Show Queen sitting dead in my garage!
Attached Images

hesster is offline   Reply With Quote