View Single Post
Old 09-13-2023, 05:11 PM   #5
Mid_Life_Crisis

Drives: 2023 Chevy Camaro 2LT V6 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6cyl View Post
Congratulations,nice car, much better than the civic.Mine is like yours, got mine 1-2-21. I can tell you a few things about my time with the car. I change engine oil 5-6k ,changed tranny and diff. at 37k. Original run flats lasted about 27 k miles. Non run flats made it drive much better. I wanted to firm up the suspension some so I got Bilstein b6 shocks. Now I keep front camber around 1.1 neg.At 18 k miles I realized It runs better on 93 , have been using premium only since. I drive mostly rural and last tank average was 28.7 mpg. At about 50k miles the resonator began rattling. Weeks later I replaced resonator with a x pipe. A short while later I replaced muffler with mbrp axel back. I love the sound, think manual transmission makes it better.

Thanks for the intel. I'm hoping to not have to change out the exhaust as I here it sounds great. I do have the dual-mode option but don't know much about it and have never heard it in person. My first mod will be ceramic window tint. Living in NC this will help keep the heat under control. Maybe down the road I will look to get a rear sway bar and possibly some wider wheels and tires but not for a while. I'll start with Top Tier 87 gas and see how things go. Gas is so damn expensive. Also, I'm really hoping the Tremec 6MT is good....I've heard it is and has great positive engagement. We'll see.
Mid_Life_Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote