View Single Post
Old 12-06-2023, 10:14 AM   #26
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLS1 View Post
I'm very f'n hyped about this.

I went into this project with so little information on anyone that completed it "successfully" that would share info. I said screw it, I will figure it out as I go, hours of research on the topic and here I am.

FWIW, there is a lot of misinformation on this. Modifying engine harnesses, and BCM programming, etc...

I pulled the L99 harness, put in the LS3 harness. Read out my program in the ECM without the TCM connected. Segment swapped the ECM with with a M6 file of the same OS. Mechanically disabled the Key lock solenoid, although I know how to do it electrically and "may" do that before I button it up. Here I am, car is as happy as a pig in mud. 3 wires for the Clutch Position sensor and a relearn procedure, then all safeties are in place and working.

Mechanically, it all works with exception of the clutch pedal. No hole in the firewall. No biggie, fabbed a template and went to town on making the hole.

It started the first attempt and there was no can bus faults, all modules present and accounted for. She's happy and so am I!
Sounds like a little bit of an intense job to be honest. I get it though, i wouldn't trade my manual for any automatic. My toy/sports cars have to be manual. Just something about rowing through gears that gives me the feels.

Did you add a seperate reservoir for the clutch fluid?

2011 Camaro 2SSRS - Sold

No longer a 5th gen owner, but still an enthusiast. Ask me about my Front crash bars!
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote