View Single Post
Old 12-22-2023, 02:51 PM   #1503
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS1LE View Post
Yep if I'm asked to choose between my lying eyes and what someone claims I'll stick with my lying eyes.

This push towards higher fuel efficiency and lower emissions has been going on for a very long time. The push to penalize manufacturers for low MPG vehicles has been going on for a long time. Trying to pretend that they aren't affected by that strains my credulity beyond its limits.

No disrespect, you're clearly very knowledgeable and probably much smarter than me. I just don't believe what you're saying is accurate and no amount of flowery language is going to change that.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours.
It has been going on for decades. And the result of it, that can be seen with our very own eyes has been engines that have ridiculously improved emissions from when this whole push started in the ‘70s while at the same time delivering output that we couldn’t even have dreamed of in the ‘50s and ‘60s. The need to get to better emissions pushed technology to deliver better fuel economy and better emissions while still deliver in some cases more than 200 hp/l.

Thing is, what’s left of the emissions in internal combustion engines is significantly more difficult to eliminate. At the same time, electric vehicle tech has improved dramatically over the past 10-15 years and continues to improve at clock speeds faster than anything else in the auto industry. So, rather than sink investment into more difficult engine technologies that customers will not pay for, automakers are investing in electric vehicle technologies that deliver zero tailpipe emissions. And consumers are willing to pay for that.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote