View Single Post
Old 12-22-2023, 09:05 PM   #1508
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS1LE View Post
The gas guzzler fees, increased ICE vehicle prices due to regulatory compliance costs, gas taxes, EV subsidies, government promises to shut down fossil fuels, government’s stated goals about EV usage and threats to ban ICE vehicles have nothing to do with it. LOL.

This is why I don’t take anything you have to say on this subject seriously. You’re clearly way to intelligent to not know those exist, their intent and their impact, so I’m left to draw my own conclusions on why you say the things you do.

I would have a lot more respect for EV proponents if they would just come clean.

But please, continue to gaslight. Meanwhile I think I’ll go back to the main forum ‘rooms’ where there’s a lot I can learn.
I straight up do not understand the gaslight part. All I’m saying is that 1 million people bought EV even though there are still a full portfolio of ICE options to choose from and no rules telling anybody they can’t buy them. So those 1 million people bought them because they preferred them. Gaslighting would be telling everyone that the only reason the 1 million bought EVs was because they were forced to.

Let’s be clear, I like cars. Period. No matter what powers them. My Camaro is still my favorite car to drive. But don’t sleep on the capability of my Model Y. It does everything it needs to do and a lot more. EVs are not for everybody and I would not recommend one to anybody who doesn’t have a place to plug it in overnight. And, I repeat…nobody who buys an EV before 2035 is forced to buy it. And even in 2035, if you don’t live in California, New York, and a handful of other states, you will NOT be forced to buy one. You will have fewer choices as the OEMs start taking ICE models out of their portfolios over the next few years. Prime examples being Camaro, Challenger, and Charger.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote