View Single Post
Old 01-18-2024, 01:14 AM   #88
Camfab

Drives: ‘23 ZL1-1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Calling people (or their opinions) "toothless redneck asserting nonsense" is certainly the best way to convince them about EVs... All this condescending attitude does is harden people, and, in fact, none of us knows who's who on these forums. You'd be surprised who some of those you're calling rednecks actually are.

I have found no evidence of these arguments ever made back in the day, they are a figment of your bumbling imagination. If a technology is better than its predecessor, it will win on its own merit. If it's absolutely better for every scenario, it will win in absolutely every corner of the market. There is no need to regulate it into existence and pump tax money into it, which has been happening for over a decade now, yet the uptake is still slow.

There is also no need for the typical absolutist, zero sum mindset on cars and trucks, I don't understand why the One True Winning Technology must exist, everything else is therefore "legacy" and be damned. EVs aren't even new, electric motor technology is older than internal combustion engines (ie these developments occur in cycles, it isn't simply "ICE ancient, EV modern"), plus everything in life is a tradeoff and not all people are alike, so it's entirely plausible that some would prefer this and others that, quite unlike the uniform outcome your makeshift horse analogy implies.

This entire topic is complex and nuanced, and I'm neither pro-EV or anti-EV: I do see the utility of these appliances for several purposes and their appeal to people who couldn't care less about the driving experience but want all the creature comforts they can get. However, this is a Camaro forum, I don't understand why several members feel the need to gush about EVs. I don't register on a Tesla forum and repeatedly tell them the ways I think the Camaro is superior to their cars either... okay, this is a semi-EV thread, I'll give you that, but the apologetics definitely aren't limited to it.
Here’s a few observations, this started as why the Camaro is better than an ev , not vice versa. I don’t see a single person putting down ice here, just saying the Teslas are great cars. You say why does one tech have to go away while another replaces it. I agree and I believe everyone else here agrees as well. You call the EV an appliance, that’s funny but you also state it’s for people who don’t enjoy the driving experience. What exactly is that experience you claim to be non existent in a Tesla? I can say that the same thing, why are you driving an automatic, clearly you don’t really understand what it means to have real control of your car. I personally prefer manuals and always hated automatic cars. I drove the 10 spd and thought it was awesome, but I still prefer a manual. I’d never say to you, that you clearly aren’t interested in a real drivers car, that’s totally lame. The same holds true with an EV. Don’t be the guy you’re claiming not to be. Enjoy what’s out there in every form and don’t judge others. Like I said, in the end it’s really all about hauling butt.
Drive a Plaid, I think it’ll put a new perspective in your mind.
Camfab is offline   Reply With Quote