View Single Post
Old 01-26-2024, 11:19 PM   #153
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by olrocker View Post
The disinformation insinuation is a joke. Because the reasons E.V. is failing are real, and will continue to be.

I guess I should join the accusation party and say it’s clear here who follows the biased left wing media.
Every year, there are more on the road. That's an interesting way of "failing".

There are lots up here in Alaska. They are out there driving on the road all the time.

When I was a kid, an EV was total science fiction. And now they are operating on every road that you and I are.

Yeah, not for everyone at this point, some areas like aviation need energy dense fuel and for longer flights, it's not on the horizon yet as being practical, same with ships and such. But even with trucking, it's foreseeable that battery swapping and rapid charging could be the future. Some people are totally unhinged when it comes to EVs for some reason. My parents were freaking out in AZ (at high altitude where it's very temperate) about "but what if they run out of electricity!!?" whenever they saw one. Mind you, they even never drive that far and are probably perfect for one, but the inability to try something different has them frozen with fear. I know an oil exec that has sworn off any ICE cars, with a hotrod Tesla that I got to drive. He said he never gets tired of the acceleration and you gotta admit, 99% of people that want a fast car just want something that goes fast in a straight line. People fearing the EVs tend to fill their heads with all kinds of crap and claim that some giant "switch" will be pulled and then all of a sudden all the ICE cars will be banned from the road after that date.

Just breath slowly, it'll be OK.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote