View Single Post
Old 02-01-2024, 09:51 AM   #18
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
Thanks very much for your valued feedback! I’ve been seriously considerings a one piece aluminum DS for quite a while for my 490hp/425 torque street only car to provide a little more nimblebess/quickness in 1st&2nd but cost is holding me back. I just came across this bushing product and thought it might somewhat improve what I’m looking for.

I did watch your video and the slop in the carrier bearing was shocking …could you feel it during normal street driving? Also were able to put the heat shield and exhaust shield back on after you installed the one piece? Thanks again
It's hard to say exactly how much of the slop/spring feeling was the rubber couplers vs. the carrier bearing. I can tell you that replacing it all definitely was noticeable. It wasn't huge, but a definite improvement.

I didn't put the heat shield back on. I'm honestly not sure if you could, but I think not given the additional size and straight line from trans to rear end.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote