View Single Post
Old 02-01-2024, 07:35 PM   #116
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricio View Post
Conversely, if this is the extra weight/expense/complexity we have to take on to get a 6th gen V8 into a non-corvette car platform while defeating EPA regs, it's better than nothing, I guess. I hope the ICE in these hybrids aren't all tiny displacement turbos mated to CVTs.
I hear you on that one.

Unfortunately, hybrids that are designed for fuel efficiency (the ones that would be alternatives to EVs) tend to have smaller engines and use the electric to add some low end torque and cruise a bit in electric mode once up to city road speed. The acceleration can be better than abymismal, but they aren't designed for V8 level performance, else they'd consume too much gas.

We are planning to replace our 14yr old hybrid (car that our teenage daughters currently use) and I was thinking it would be worth looking at a newer turbo 4 cylinder just to see how the MPG compares. If it were relatively close, the turbo 4 would probably win out because it would have fewer parts to break later (no EV system) and might even accelerate better.
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote