View Single Post
Old 02-11-2024, 03:00 PM   #7
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvjim View Post
Believe me, I get it about the Muscle Car thing. I'm from the Smokey and the Bandit generation and have been all about muscle cars my whole life. I do drive it like I stole it as long as I'm the only one in the car but drive a little more tamely when the wife or anyone else is with me. Thank you for the reassurance about the lifters, I am pretty anal about my fluid changes so I do feel a little better. Before this car I hadn't driven an automatic since mid 2000. After that everything was manual. LS1, LS1, LS3, LS3, LS3 and now my auto has the L99.

The person who owned my car before me put Black 22" wheels on all 4 corners and I just can't stand the ride quality or handling. I put a strut tower brace in and that helps a little, but I really want to go back to the 21" Chrome wheels or a 20" version of the same wheels......impossible to come by.

I may have M.S. and can't do it the way I used to.....but I'm still the same car dude!
Yeah, you really want to get rid of those 22's for sure!! The thing about the 21's that came on the car, the tires are expensive and not a whole lot to choose from either. If you do go down to the 20's, you can pretty much get what you like for tires. There are wheels out there that are like the ones it came with stock, you just need to search. But if you are looking to get the stock look back, see if you can buy the ones for sale. They are kind of hard to find. Good luck sir!