View Single Post
Old 02-16-2024, 07:48 AM   #184
Nataphen

Drives: None
Feels weird quoting my own post from earlier but to reiterate, we’ve all been paying to help people afford ICE cars for decades. This is why I don’t understand the opposition to subsidies for a technology that’s very recently starting from nothing to compete against a century+ establishment. I don’t agree with outright bans of sales, but I’m fine with tax credits and things like that to help people who want to make the switch.

“There are good arguments against the way that some things are being done with a technology that’s still practically in its infancy, but I don’t understand the arguments against subsidies for it. Fossil fuels are the most heavily subsidized industry in the US and have been for a long time. It’s the main reason that the price of gas hasn’t been ~$10 per gallon on average for years now. Oil has had many years of government benefits and infrastructure building to get where it is now, so EVs are absolutely going to need some help to hope to compete with something that established.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nataphen is offline   Reply With Quote