Thread: Grom Vlink
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2024, 10:46 AM   #8
Rob99
I’m Magik a physco dog

Drives: '15 1LT/RS & '23 3LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo72793 View Post
Update for what exactly? Im waiting for the new update to Android 12 but i think the HW will be a limitation.

What id like to see is a combo button to swap the display UI. that way i can go back into their UI without changing source a bunch of times.

OEM nav will work if you exit the grom by going to oem interface, but you lose the AA or AC interface. i dont use my oem nav at all so no issue for me.
I got this about a year ago, then i saw how it worked needing to go back into MyLink for features i called up the tech line and asked about it i was under the impression it was 'all in one' type of screen display that the MyLink would disappear and VLine would take over all features old & new they said it doesn't do that but they would look into a update or upgrade with their tech people.
I think they were BS ing me at the time and it appears that's the case, because i had actually called for a RMA to send it back and that's when he mentioned about a future update. IIRC he said it works like that on some car brand models.
It was a year ago conversation so my recollection it's not exact.
Also i have a 1lt so i don't have factory nav like yours i have to be in the Vline for that which is fine and i use the small nav antenna i mounted in the corner pillar on the dash that was included.
Overall i find it cumbersome with the multiple screens and hard buttons for MyLink and touchscreen for Vline.
2015 1LT Ashen Grey
2016 1LT Blue Velvet
My entire life has been 'A Midlife Crisis'

Rob99 is offline   Reply With Quote