View Single Post
Old 02-20-2024, 05:27 PM   #3
Cbrowne

Drives: 2012 LFX Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
Full diagnostics are available for a reasonable fee from alldata.com or with an acdelco tds subscription (assuming these are available outside the US).

I think the P2138 is one of the tricky ones that is checking correlation between rising and falling voltages across both the accelerator pedal sensor and the throttle position sensor. And if its an intermittent problem, it will probably be be hard to track down the problem. And next to impossible to track down without something to pull freeze frame data from when the code triggered.

Do you have a throttle commander or similar connected or has the car been "tuned"?
To my knowledge the car is completely stock and has had no flash or tuning done nor throttle mods. The fault appeared after regular driving and no matter the weather has stuck around for the past 2 months whilst waiting for parts. I'm thinking it could possibly need to be plugged in and the throttle relearned on a scan tool but I've read they're usually pretty good for relearning themselves. I have completed the bog standard relearn procedure of 3 mins on, 1 min off and repeat to no avail. There are no obvious signs of corrosion on any connectors but without knowing the pinouts I couldn't even begin to test cables other than looking for the 5V reference voltage which is present on both APP and TB. I will look at calling around for some auto electricians to have a look as they must have better kit than me, but I usually get turned away as they refuse to work on imports.
Cbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote