View Single Post
Old 02-26-2024, 09:39 AM   #23
hesster

Drives: '10 C5 SS, '77 Bandit T/A
Yesterday I also changed the Oil, as it was dirty, and bothering me knowing that is WAS dirty. Even though I won't be driving it for a while. I wonder if it was EVER changed during the 7k miles on this car.

I decided not to use my Quick Jack just yet, as I see that the rocker bottoms are real close to the Frame Pinch Weld Rails. Love the Quick Jack, as it get's the car way up in the air enough to do any under the car work, and it not a permanent fixture like a hoist. Imagine the Rockers would deflect enough and not crack, but just used a Floor Jack and Jack Stand. Gott a get some of those Pinch Weld Frame Puck Adaptors.

The Oil Filter was the correct Mobil One M1-113A, and looked like it was original (aged). I stick with Mobil 1 oil on these cars, 5W-30, but imagine any synthetic is OK as it has the Dexos certification. Had a few quarts of 10W-30 left and used that to top off the 6 Qts I purchased. Summer car only so the slightly heavier viscosity in a small amount is not a issue.

Then I cleaned the engine and bay. It was very clean as purchased, but I like to "get it clean, and keep it clean". Judges at car shows with pick you apart right away if your car is not detailed out.
With the Car up in the air somewhat I took the time to inspect everything. Looks great and no surprises, no damage.

The car salesman said it had LEDs installed, and I found those in the Front, Rear, and Sides. The Front was zip tied to the Fascia and got curbed just enough to crack the 3' Strip, and it is inop, and the kind that is not repairable. It is some obsecure "East Sun" brand, no luck finding them on the Web. The mini controllers do not seem to work. I fished around under the dash and found the controller, unplugged, pluged it in and they worked, except the front. Messed around with the "C", P", and "S" buttons a bit on the main controller and they obviously change the color and sequences. It must be hot wired as they can be turned on with the car off by hitting the power button on the controller. More important stuff to do so I will get back to sorting that crap out.

Next is to see if I can get a Dovetail Style Spoiler (PN 9223428"X") in lieu of the ZTA one, and see if Woodward Speed shop will let me return it. The Dove Tail is a hard item to find, so gotta secure that first, will try a Chevy Dealer (thanks AB for that Tip).

Then steam off the Stripes on the Deck Lid. (Thanks Tony for that Tip).
Attached Images

hesster is offline   Reply With Quote