View Single Post
Old 03-07-2024, 07:46 AM   #8
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
The blend door on the Camaro is at a downward angle and when it breaks, it swings open or partially open due to gravity. The way the door works on the Camaro is that it opens to allow heat through and closes for ac. This is why the number one symptom of a broke blend door is heat and no ac or heat only on the drivers side and ac on the passengers.

If you turn the heat all the way up and you have no heat at all, then it is stuck in the closed position (which means it's not broke and you have an actuator issue) or you have a heater core issue. If you can also turn the ac all the way up and and have no ac, then you also have an ac issue and the simplest thing to check for this is the freon especially since GM has acknowledged the port leaks. Even if the freon level is too low to make the air cold enough to notice the difference, it would still make the ac line feel cold so don't make an assumption just based on the ac line.

So I stand by my statement to check freon level first before doing anything else and go from there.

Also remember you can check the door without cutting anything. The actuator is right above the gas pedal. You can take the actuator loose and see if the door is still attached in just a couple minutes.
What do have I got going on? I put an aluminum blend door in this January. I get a nice range of HOT to mostly cool except...the two pass vents are slightly warmer than the driver's side. Is this just how the system is? I see people who put in a shut off valve on the heater hose, say they never had a colder AC.

My compressor is short cycling too. Not sure if it's low on reefer or the ambient temp is too cold. But it's not real cold AC.