View Single Post
Old 04-19-2024, 10:32 PM   #35
void_kp

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro Z28 (2015)
got the car back.
First of all... the car sounds MEAN. Like, really loud (despite stock exhaust) and absolutely menacing.

here's a cold start (the 1st cold start I heard of it)
https://youtube.com/shorts/BhsriMgaqxI?feature=share

phone doesn't fully capture the chop

speaking about more interesting stuff...we were all a bit disappointed by the result. It's good but we were expecting more given how extreme the cam is.

car drivability is VERY low below 2000 rpm, engine picks up revs much quicker and sound is definitely insane above 3000 rpm. very race-car like. I couldn't pull gears to the end so i can't speak for perceived performance, but overall it feels a bit quicker.

I was expecting at least 550 at wheel... we are close, but both me and tuner were expecting more, with much less extreme cams they saw over 560 at wheel.

my theory is that there are 2 factors at play here:
1/ in washington state we only have 91, so a bit is loss due to "bad" fuel
2/ everyone else that changed to a similar setup also changed intake and 103mm CF. I did not. Maybe airflow is a constraint at high revs?

lastly, it would well be that the heads don't flow better than the stock heads, but it's unlikely to be honest.

I will post more as I will drive it, today I could only suffer in heavy traffic while I was bring it back home. Seattle is as bad as Los Angeles in that regard (no joking)
Attached Images

void_kp is offline   Reply With Quote